Updated January 26, 2021
On January 12, 2021, CDC issued an Order requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative COVID viral test result to the airline before boarding the flight. This Order will go into effect on January 26, 2021. Refer to the CDC website for the most current international travel requirements.
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO THE US: **Effective January 26, 2021**
- All Travelers, two (2) years of age or older, returning to the US from the Bahamas will be required to produce a negative Rapid Antigen Test no more than three days prior to travel.
- The current Bahamas Travel Health Visa is being updated to include a departure rapid antigen test, which can be obtained directly at Caerula Mar Club for any US guests for whom this will meet re-entry requirements. For those with connecting international flights in Nassau, testing and documentation will be available directly at the airport.
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO CANADA: **Effective January 7, 2021**
- Effective midnight on January 7, 2021 (00:00 EST or 05:00 UCT), regardless of citizenship, all traveler’s five years of age or older must provide proof of a negative laboratory test result for COVID-19 to the airline prior to boarding a flight to Canada. The test must be performed using one of two types of COVID-19 tests–either a molecular polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP)–and must be conducted within 72 hours of the traveler’s scheduled departure to Canada.
- For full news release and all current COVID travel requirements for flying into Canada.
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY: Refer to the current guidelines from your destination country.
TRAVELING FROM ANY COUNTRY TO THE BAHAMAS:
- All persons traveling to the Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (nasal swab) test taken no more thanfive (5) days prior to travel. The day you take your test is considered “Day Zero”.
- Children 10 years old and younger are exempt from testing. However, you still must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them.
- All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at gov.bs
- The Travel Health Visa fees are listed below. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test (when applicable) as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
$40 – Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 – Citizens and Returning Residents
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE – Children 10 and Under
- If Visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
- This test will be available at Caerula Mar Club for all its guests staying in the Bahamas longer than four nights.
- For the duration of the visit, Visitors will complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
- The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.***If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team***
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation.